Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tues, Nov 8, 1960


59°/78°  6.34/5.33
Up at 7.30 and had grapefruit and coffee for breakfast.
We got laundry ready and went to Town Hall first and voted.  There were about 130 people ahead of us in line.  We waited about half an hour in line.  Saw Jean Vought in line.
Afterwards we went to laundry and afterwards went home and hung the laundry up.
Ed came over and we went to the beach and, while Ed sat in car, Tillie and I went in for a swim.
The water was very rough and Tillie and I were the only ones in.
Water 72° and the air 72°, so it wasn’t very warm.  The lifeguard was the only other person down there.
Home and Ed had lunch with us.  I took in the laundry while Tillie mixed the stuff for a cake.  I and Ed cracked the nuts.
I planted some soyzia grass.  Mrs. Wagner stopped in and delivered the stuff Tillie ordered.
Ed went home about 5.30.  We had hamburg & mashed potatoes for supper.
Watched T.V. in Eve.  I went to bed at 10.00 and read.  Tillie stayed up till 1.00 and I got up then and we had coffee.  The returns were not all in by 2.00 so went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment